Thursday 7 February 2013

Zucchini Slice Recipe

 I am picking a zucchini almost daily so in order to keep my family interested in eating them, I need to come up with tasty recipes. This latest one is a combination of many on the internet and I have just about got it the way I like it!


Zucchini Slice

400g zucchini
1 brown onion
100-150g bacon
2 tablespoons butter
90g grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup self raising flour (I use gluten free)
5 eggs
salt and pepper to taste

Makes one 20x20cm dish. Serves 4-6
NB. My pictures show the recipe doubled due to an excess amount of zucchinis in the garden!


Step One
Peel and chop onion and place in a pan with the butter. Fry for a few minutes until translucent and then add chopped bacon and cook for another two minutes.



Step Two
Spread onto a plate to cool and place in the refrigerator.
Grate the unpeeled zucchini.



Step Three
In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs. In this recipe I have doubled the whole mixture although I was one egg short. Having larger than usual eggs, it made no difference.

Step Four
Add eggs to the zucchini mixture (you may like to squeeze a little of the excess moisture from it first) and then stir in the flour.



Step Five
Now add the eggs, cheese (reserve a little for the topping) and bacon/onion mix as well as salt and pepper. 



Step Six
Place in a lined dish and pop in the oven for roughly 30 minutes on 180 Celsius. I use fan forced. My double mixture took two dishes, each about 20cm x 20cm.


Perfecto!


No comments:

Post a Comment